May 18, 2011

I graduated bartending school!

Woot! Bar tending, here I come! I passed the test with flying colors (probably because he didn't actually grade them so much as glance at them and remember how well we did over the past week but I know I would have gotten at least a 95% despite that) and I got my certificate on Monday! I am going for my final class tonight to get certified officially by learning about how to spot a fake ID and all the legalities of it. I'm excited to actually start working and as soon as I get home from NIU this weekend, I am going to literally just drive around in circles around Lockport, Lemont, Homer Glen, Orland Park, and New Lenox, walking in an applying where I can or applying online. I will probably just start applying online over the weekend as well as putting in my application for job help through ABC bartending.

On the art work front, I am working on ICMAD to submit by July and also I wanted to start a series of tree prints. I've noticed how different trees look lately and I wanted to do a set on the silhouettes and also the leaves (probably doing them separately) in all black probably on grey paper. I have a thing for dark grey lately, so I have to go hunting for some nice paper to print on. I also need to get a job so I can save up and get some more screens and some better hing clamps. Mine suck. There are also a number of books I wanted to buy. Money money money... Sigh. Well, here's hoping I get a job! Fingers crossed! X ^.^ X

No comments:

Post a Comment